Thursday, April 22, 2004

Writer's Block???

        Can't think of anything to say today...oh,wait. I just remembered something. How can everyone call Elvis Presly the "King" of Rock-and-Roll? There were so many others who contributed so much more! Think of the Beatles,Jimi Hendrix,Janis Joplin,Eric Clapton,the list goes on forever! I know that there are some people who would call this "Rock-Blasphemy".

         Think back,fall,1969,at a little place called  "Woodstock". Why was the "King" of rock music absent from the largest(at that time)gathering of rock artists? The way that I see it,all that Elvis ever contributed to rock-n-roll was the ability to shake his hips!

         I have heard Elvis sing all of his material.OK,I have never been impressed,sorry. Take Carlos Santanna. The man can do things with a guitar that no one has ever done! Listen to his music sometime.This man just "knows" things...I don't know how he knows,he just does! What about Led Zepplin? Simply Amazing. How about Pink Floyd? Uriah Heep? Black Sabbath? Here's a good one; I hear parents carry on about Marilyn Manson---oh,they just can't trash him enough! Little advice folks,SHUT UP!!! M.M. has done NOTHING that a young rocker named "Alice Cooper" hasn't already done nearly 30 years ago.

         I'm just saying this;there were so many innovators in the field of rock-n-roll,why is one man singled out for the title of "King"? It just seems like a lot of empty hype to me.Elvis might have been good in the movies,but "King" of rock-n-roll? I think he should be de-throned...........talk amongst yourselves.

         Questions,comments,abusive remarks? Let's hear them! You know where to find me.....

No comments: