Thursday, April 1, 2004

The Brother Hood (x)

        OK,I typed this entry once,hit a button,and sent it screaming off into the great beyond,never to be seen again! Which actually brings me to my next point. Don't read this and say,"Awww,he had it so tough growing up". Please don't do that. Everything that happened to me was a learning experience. Some of them were what I call "life lessons". These were the kind that you only needed to learn once to remember. These usually included large amounts of pain.

           OK,so now I am in.I have to learn quickly.I am never treated like a child,and I don't want to be. I am treated like a man,and I am expected to act accordingly. I do,at all times. You can't slip around these guys,they will eat you for breakfast. I quickly realize this,and it helps me in the long-run.

            I work with my uncle at a car shop,where we work on imported cars;Mercedes,Porsche,Volkswagen,you name it. After work,I work in my uncle's garage on motorcycles. He rides Harleys,but he works on any kind,so do I. I have another plan.....I need a bike. For that,I need money. We start with a scrapped frame with an engine in it. It is a Sportster. It is junk,but it is beautiful to me.

            Even the other guys pitch in with work,parts,money,beer,whatever is needed. In no time,the bike is finished. This is the FIRST TIME in my life that someone has said"this is yours,this belongs to you,it will always be yours". I didn't know what to say! No one ever touched that bike without asking me first. All of us were like that....you just didn't touch another man's bike without asking. But I was surprised.No one had ever respected me just for being me! I had proven myself at every turn to these men,and they respected me for it.

              I learned about loyalty,respect,and honor. Most of all,I learned about Integrity. You never "ratted out" a "brother". Do so,and someone might find your lifeless body under a heap of garbage. That is no way for a man to go out! The rules were simple.Stray from them,and pay for your mistakes.

No comments: