Tuesday, April 6, 2004

Why Are We Here?

Why are we here? I once had a school principal to ask me that during one of my MANY trips to his office. Seems I was there a lot. So,I said to him "why are any of us here"? Needless to say,he was not amused! But,as I look back on my life,I see many times when I should have died,and didn't. Now,don't get me wrong,I am glad to still be breathing.

            Someone told me the other day that I am still here because I have a purpose in this life. I have yet to find that purpose. Is it to tell my story here? Why,who cares? Why should ANYONE care? Some think that I had it rough growing up...not me! Try telling your principal that you need to leave early on a Friday,and he says "no". Then,just stand there and wait untill 50 Harleys descend onto the school,and every one of their riders comes to that principal's office!!!  There WERE advantages to running with a bunch of bikers!

              OK,enough of that. Back to my question "why are we here?". Some will say that they have a job to do,and they tirelessly go to this job everyday. That's sad,really sad. Have we nothing more to live for? Some will say "for family". But is it really? Is that all? I see on my keyboard a button that says "Esc.". I have been told that it is the "Escape" button. Oh,would that it were true!!!!  I use it all of the time,and get nowhere!

            Well,what about Heaven?? After you die??? Doesn't that kind of suck? Without saying too much about Religion,I hope we go out among the stars! And it only happens after we die....this seems futile,at best. Why can we not go to "a higher plane" while we still exist???

              I don't have the answers,and I am speculating here,but I would say that few others do,either. Questions,comments,abusive remarks? Let's hear them!!!

No comments: