Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I've Been Busy

        Settle down,my children. I know that you have missed me,but I have been very busy. I am sorry to neglect you,but I am here now. Besides,you get far more attention than I ever did! Now then,I told you a few weeks ago that I was trying to buy a car. Well,I did it! It is a '99 Nissan Sentra! A pocket rocket,if nothing else!

        Yes,I got rid of my "Caddy". Big Blue was her name. It was out of  despair at the price of gas;and I only see it going higher. Besides,it was time to "quit being a dinosaur",as my oldest daughter says. lol  Both of my daughters love it,and so do I. I won't be driving it very much at all,my eyesight is getting very bad. But that's cool,I can ride while my wife drives!

         Here are the details of this past weekend. Saturday we went to the dealer,about 30 miles away. We spent some time there,they said to go to lunch,and they would hammer out the details. OK,so we kill about an hour,come back,and the monthly payments are FAR above what I had told them I could pay. I got up to leave,and the salesman tells me to hang on,"nothing is ever done until it is DONE" he says.Thanks Yogi Berra---But anyway,he comes back in about five minutes with the payments I told him I could afford. Done Deal!

         I knew that they could do it,I just didn't let them talk me into something that I couldn't afford. People have a hard time pushing me into things,and it kind of makes them think. To my way of thinking,if you REALLY want me to accept what you say,then it can't be good for ME. See,there it is again,always alert,always looking out,always wary.....it is always there,it never shuts off! Sometimes,I wonder about me....

        I will try to get in here again,but being a moderator at another site takes up a lot of time for me. Don't worry,children,I will still come to visit all of you,and regale you with my stories.......be they good or bad.  Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: