Friday, April 9, 2004

A New Start

      So now we are somewhere around 1982,april to be exact. I was back from Army training,and jobs are still scarce. No worries,I learned a trade in the Army....now if I could just find some tanks running around that need servicing! That's right,I was a tank mechanic! I never said I was a genius....

       You may be reading this thinking"did I miss something,or did he skip some stuff?". Of course I skipped some stuff! I will not give names,or locations,or implicate myself,or anyone else in any wrongdoings.Some people would like to remain unknown,and I respect that.By virtue of who they are,some people might want to do me harm if I were to name them,or put them at specific places,at certain times. I VERY MUCH respect those people's privacy!

         Anyway,I am back from the army,mowing my yard.Next door is this cute little girl sitting in a window......yeah,I know. I never learn. She comes over and introduces herself. Being as cool as I am,I say "ok,nice to meet you". Just like that,like I wasn't interested. Of course,when she walked away,some of the stuff I was thinking I am fairly sure is illegal in most of the 50 states!!!!!!

         Since my marriage was shot,and I was just waiting for the final papers,I figured "what the hell,you only live once!". I went to meet this girl. That was 22 years ago,and I still wake up next to her every morning. I always wonder how the hell I finally got so lucky! We have raised two daughters,the oldest has graduated high-school(with honors!),and the youngest is 12 years old,and still at home. Yes,I have grandchildren,two of them. Acute little girl of almost four years,and a "new" grandson,about three months old.

           Through all of the fighting,scraping,clawing,death-defying time I spent in my life,it took a simple little country girl to tame the monster in me. She has never treated me wrong,and I try to give her all the freedom she wants. I encourage her to try new things,I never try to hold her down. I would rather she soar with Eagles,than crawl with turtles on the ground! There are lots of things that I will never understand,but there is ONE thing I DO know about. And that is being kicked around,and put down. I would never do that to my "Ladybug".

No comments: