Thursday, April 15, 2004

Music,Sweet Sweet Music!!!

         First off,I would like to say "thanks" to the people at aol who keep the music going!!! Now,I have heard a scientist say that man started to conquer the world as soon as he learned to sit firmly on the back of a horse. Not so,as far as I am concerned! When the first caveman,or cavewoman,struck a hollow log with a stick,or antler,or horn from some great beast,then we learned to conquer the world!

           Don't believe me? How many ancient civilizations used drums to communicate? Aha! Forgot about that,didn't you? Well,I didn't! That is why I am here...to help you! Nearly every civilization in ancient Africa used drums for communications. Vikings? Same deal! American Indians? You guessed it!

             I can listen to Jimmy Buffet,and go back in time. I can hear Bob Dylan,and go farther back! I can hear a song,and remember exactly what I was doing the very first time I heard it. I can hear a song,and remember WHO I was with when I first heard it. Example: Ever hear the  song "Sad Eyes" by Robert Johns? (not sure about the artist). Well,it was playing the first time me and my ex-wife spent the night together,and was playing when we woke up in the morning!!!

          Conversely,ANY song from Air Supply "belongs" To me and my current wife. I have also heard it said that smell is the best trigger for memories.....I wouldn't bet on it!!! Have a good un' folks!!!!

No comments: