Thursday, April 8, 2004

Back to the Past

    OK,kids,some people have been grumblin' that I have gotten off the track,so here we go. When my "scooter" was finished,I had no driver's license. Too young. Not a problem! On long weekend runs,the guys would just put me in the middle of the pack....for two reasons. The first reason;no license. Number two reason;to keep me from straying from the pack. I had a tendency to do that.

      I was served beer in bars at 14 years old. And I did it without ever being asked for ID. It was easy.My uncle told me to walk in like I owned the place! Say "hi" to a few people,shake a few hands,then order the kind of beer that I wanted. He told me to never just walk in and sit in the back,like I was hiding! To this day,I have never been "carded" in my life.

     To have some fun,the guys would let me get drunk,and then offer me money to pick someone,and see if I could knock them off a bar-stool with only one punch. They would usually pull the guy off of me before he could do too much damage! There were a few guys that I was able to knock off a bar-stool with one punch: there were far too many that I couldn't. Those were the ones that would do the most damage! What the hell,it was my "formative" years...or the "learning" years. I learned to fight even better in this enviroment,and believe it or not,I loved it! I seemed to thrive in this kind of thing.....go figure!

No comments: