Thursday, April 29, 2004

Swimming With Sharks

  All of you who have been reading know that I just bought a car. This is my first  time to buy a car from a dealer. That is the reason for the title "Swimming With Sharks". It has no reference to the 1996 movie of the same name.

      When I was ready to do the deal with the finance officer,also known as the "lemon shark",we went into his office,leaving behind the salesman,known as the "bottom feeding shark". This office is where you actually sign the papers,and finalize the deal. This is also where you meet the "king of all predators"; the "Great White Shark".

     The finance officer and myself had only been in the office a few minutes when a new face entered. I had been back and forth to this dealership for just about three weeks. I knew ALL of the salesmen,and ladies. I knew the faces of EVERYONE who worked there. This guy was "new". I did not like him.....at all.

     Call it "gut instinct",intuition,whatever. My "street skills" kicked in as soon as this guy walked in the door. He just gave off some kind of "vibe". He was predatory in nature,you could smell it on him. You could smell blood on him,hell,he tracked it in the room! (not literally....don't be stupid) He was nice,also....a bit too nice if you ask me. I still didn't like him. I watched his every move....he was dangerous,and I could feel it.

     After all of the paper work was finished,I went to see the salesman again. I just had to ask,"who was that guy"? Some of you will have guessed by now,but I had NO IDEA. The salesman told me this guy was a "closer". If someone gets cold feet at the last minute,he puts on the pressure. He will do anything to keep a near-sale from walking out the door.He is "The Great White" of all the salespeople,and he alone swims with the biggest sharks! No wonder my radar went off as soon as he walked in. Funny how we develop these "senses",and never seem to lose them.

      This "sense" of pure evil never goes off anymore for me. I no longer live on the streets. I have been married for 22 years,and thought that those senses were long gone......guess I was VERY wrong.

                                         Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: