Thursday, April 22, 2004

Who I Owe...

          I owe several people for getting to this stage in my life. I owe the "mother" who beat me,and told me every day just how much she hated me. For my first 12 years,I thought my name was "little bastard". I also owe this same person for finally dumping me on my ass---at least she was gone from my life!

         I owe the grandmother up north,for being kind enough to pick up from where her daughter left off. Now,I'm not one of those huggy-feely people. Matter of fact,I prefer that people stay about two feet away from me.They don't need to be any closer than that.Any closer means that either you or me is soon to carry an ass-whippin'.

        I owe the Uncle who was a biker.That's right,I owe him. He,and his friends taught me what I needed to know to survive. And I had a hell of a ride learning from them! I would change NOTHING from those all too short years in my life,nothing! I learned respect,trust,loyalty,and brotherhood...what else do you need? I am not easily fooled,and if you like talking really fast,then you can just talk to my back-side,'cause I will be headed AWAY from you.

        I would like to thank the wife of 22 years who has stood by me,no matter what I did. I have strived to never hurt her. I made her a promise all those years ago,and have kept it.She has also kept hers.She knows just when to step in and shut me up.She has kept me from lots of mistakes. She is fabulous in matters of the heart. She even got me through quitting smoking recently.Anyone who could have put up with me through that deserves to be awarded some kind of medal! I have never raised a hand to my wife,nor will I ever. That is a choice that I made.If I see a man hit his wife in public,or a child,then he has a very large problem to deal with---right then.

         And,I would like to thank the mother again for bringing me into this world,so I could look forward to bearing the same mental illness that she has been saddled with; Thanks,mom.

           Now,I must thank a new group of friends that I have on-line. We have lots of fun together. They know who they are,and I love to count them in my life as friends! Thanks,guys,you mean so much to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!!!!THATS SO SWEET....BUT WAHT ABOUT ME?!?!?!?!?!
                                                                            JENN

Anonymous said...

John I have to say thanks for being and great husband and friend you are alway there for me know matter what . Just have to say that I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART.