Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The meaning of it All-----

        I have some questions for all of you. These may help you to understand me better. I know that I come off like a really mean,tough hard-ass,and I am. But here are a few things that you might want to know.

        Have you ever watched the sun go down? I don't mean while you were rushing to and fro'. I mean actually sit down,with the express intent of WATCHING the sun go down? The same goes for watching the sun come up. Have you ever laid out under the stars,looking up,and wondered,what is out there? Have you ever been in the woods,"just to be there"? Have you ever tried to write poetry,no matter how bad it was? Have you ever even READ any poetry...other than what you "had" to in school?

        Have you ever watched the waves come in on a beach,and wondered how it all works? The wind,the waves,the birds,the trees,the flowers,a small child's laugh,a dog's bark,a cat's meow,your partner's light kiss,merely a touch,like a whisper in the night. The roar of a good bike between your legs,the song of freedom that the tires sing on the highway,the smell of the exhaust,or oil,or chain-grease. These are things that cannot be described---you MUST experience them. I have,and I can say that I am a better person for it.

         I could go on forever-love,heartbreak,loss of a loved one,or friend. These are all experiences that make us who we are....good,bad,or indifferent. These things shape us,mold us,bring us through this life. If you haven't experienced any of these things,then,by all means,please do. What is the cost? Nothing. But the return is worth every effort that you will make!

                         Holla' If You Hear Me!!!!

No comments: