Thursday, April 1, 2004

Finally Getting Close

           The print on the last entry was too small,my fault. Funny thing,I guess I was kicked and beat so much when I was small,that whenever I screw up,I quickly say that it was my fault.....go figure.

             OK,so now I am in Missouri.Weird people,strange place,no friends,no help. Now things get ugly. Seems I had a great-uncle in town,Uncle Joe,who just happened to be the town sheriff.He came to the little shack of a school one day. He came right in,and asked me if I had had enough of my "dad"? Seems he was not very popular even in his own home town(my dad). I said "yes".We left the school immediately.My other two brothers didn't want to come,they liked the freedom to do as they pleased,I knew it was wrong.

            My "dad" pulled into the drive of the school,and told Uncle Joe that he would not leave there without me at his side.....big mistake.Joe got out of the police car,and drew his weapon. He then informed my dad that we WERE leaving,whether my dad was breathing or not. I left with my great uncle.

            Life on Joe's farm was what I was used to.Milking cows,feeding,taking care of the animals.....all of it. I loved it there,but Joe told me that my Grandmother from Michigan was coming to get me. He thought I could do better in better "Yankee" schools. I hated cities,still do. By now,I was about thirteen years old.My Grandmother showed up...now,this is my mother's mother,my maternal grandmother.Quiet,my restless children,we will get there.I always keep my promises.

No comments: