Tuesday, April 13, 2004

The Real Thing

     "A thing is never real untill it is written down,then you give it a life".A friend said this to me once.He said it was OK to speak of a thing....speaking is such a fleeting thing.But writing something down.....now you have given the thing life. That can be either good,or bad.

         I guess that is why I started this,the story of me.To make it real,to give it a life...to give ME a life.When I am gone,very few people will recall anything about me,except family,and children. But now,far more people will have known about me,and my life....be it good,or bad.Interesting or not.

        Once,while doing some "business" with a character that I didn't know(this goes against all of my "rules of surviving"),things took a turn for the worse when he produces a gun.Seems he wasn't satisfied with the terms of our business.Having been outdrawn,I waited to see where this went.I was not un-armed,but knew that going for my piece would result in an awful headache for me!

        This guy told me to beg him not to kill  me,and he would let me live! There are very few things in this world that I will beg for....my "life" is not one of those things.I don't know if it was my sudden outburst of laughter,or the fact that he didn't know me very well,but this guy swore that I was insane! No one laughs with a gun in their face! Well,no one but me.Since he was distracted,I decided to pull out my "equalizer".I spoke no words,simply motioned for him to leave.He did.....quickly.

           After this encounter,it was quickly spread around that I "just didn't give a damn!".I hope by now,some of you have caught on.......

No comments: