Thursday, April 1, 2004

Moving Once Again

       OK,here I am in Michigan. I won't tell exactly where,but it IS a city,and it is right on the banks of the mighty Lake Michigan. This I was intrigued by. I had never seen so much water,lighthouses,big ships! I used to go to the docks everyday to see the ships come in,and go out. I can't describe the feeling of watching those huge ships,I just don't have the words! I was truly amazed that a little boy from the country could ever see such things!

              OK,so here I am,in what would be my home for a few years. This is where I became a biker. I know,I know,we have finally arrived! Now, settle down,it still dosen't happen for a few days. So,my grandmother shows me around,and takes me to her son's house,my uncle Steve(mom's younger brother). I had met Steve when I was about eight years old. He stayed a few weeks with us. You have to know ONE thing about Steve;he was the coolest person I had ever known,he was a biker!

          Yes,my uncle Steve was a biker. I quickly formulated a plan,a very GOOD plan. If my mother could scheme,and control people,then it was time to use what I had learned from her! Steve kind of saw my point when I "mentioned" that maybe a thirteen year old boy could sometimes be "too much" for a grandmother to handle. He spoke to my grandmother,and she agreed,maybe I should spend some time around some men. Men like Steve,and his "motorcycle buddies",as she called them. My plan had worked,seems mother had taught me more than even she realized!

            I told Steve I wanted "in". I wanted to be part of the gang. No,you will never know the name of the gang,of that I can promise you. You will also never know what all I had to do to get my "in". I will tell you that I was a "prospect" for one year. After this time,I ran a gauntlet of men with leather straps---I  shouldn't say "ran";running meant failure. I got in,and was one of the youngest members!

          Now, see,I told you that we would get there,and we have. But hang on,'cause it REALLY gets wild from here! Here come some of the best years of my life!

xxxxx

No comments: