Thursday, April 1, 2004

After The Storm

           This goes to the people who run AOL--- why don't we have the choice of "pensive",or "reflective" on the "mood" menu? Seems these would be logical choices......whatever. Enough complaining for one day.

          OK,so I survived "The Surprise",much to my mother's anger(she survived,by the way,much to MY anger).The next day,my stepfather arrived home(truck-driver,remember?). Seems my mom got to him first,so I was accused of attacking her first. Well,mom didn't raise stupid children.My stepdad found out real quick how many men were using his bed when he was out of town in his truck.....and there were a lot! I am no one's fool,I was not about to take a second beating,besides,I had kept quiet about it for far too long.

             At twelve years old,you don't realize that revenge is a double-edged sword. Seems my "revelations" caused an immediate breakup,then divorce. In the interim,my "real" dad showed up....kind of like magic! Looking back,it was no "accident" that he was in our town at the time. I had been played for a fool......the whole deal was just a set-up! My mother told me she KNEW I would tell all I knew,and my stepdad would leave.My real dad showed up with a U-Haul truck.My mom took everything,and three of us kids,and left for Missouri that night.

             My stepdad wasn't rich by any means,but where we were taken to was pure filth. These were "Mountain People" in every sense of the word! Animals in the houses,filthy homes,no electricity,no indoor plumbing----terrible. I never got used to it,I figured it was my lot in life,but I didn't have to like it! We are very close to the reason for me becoming a biker,VERY close!

             We lived with my dad's mother,my paternal grandmother. All I can say for her is....well,nothing. She drank to excess,she had two grown sons at home(30's) who were both retarded.Severely. Dangerously. Completely. Calm down,I see you getting restless in the back;we are getting there,I promise.

No comments: