Friday, February 3, 2006

A Poem for the Love-Stricken out there

                                 The Way It Is

  A heart once so true

 Has hurt mine, and left it blue.

 I gave you all I had and more,  But you turned your back on me, and walked out the door.       I have loved you all my life,   I even made you my wife.   We used to share everything, you and I,   But you have hurt me so badly, I just want to die.        I can't understand why you hate me so,    I have given you all I have, and more.    I had a love for you that was so great,    All you show me lately is hate.        I want things to be like they were before,    But you refuse to come back through that door.    I don't mind if you learn and grow,    But it seems you have left me dead on the side of the road.        I'm not a Knight in shining Armor, I know it's true    But the only one I have ever loved is you!    We had the feeling, but now it has gone,    Please, stop what you are doing, and come home!     Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain through your words. Quite deep John. I think we've all been there at one time or another too. It saddens me to think of you with such a big whole in your heart. Keep writing - it's therapy and therapy for others as well. Hang in there DragonMaster.

Mollie