Friday, February 17, 2006

"Ode to a Brother Lost"

 My brother, I have heard that you are lost,

 I can't believe you are gone, and at what cost?

 I heard that you were gunned down by "the Man",

 How can this be, I should have been holding your hand.

 

  I have known you all your life,

 We have been together through war and strife!

  I can't believe that you no longer live,

  To see you again, what i wouldn't give!

 

  I remember, fighting back to back,

  There wasn't anything we couldn't hack!!!

  We did it all, you and me,

  There wasn't anything we couldn't be!!!

 

    I'll miss you now, I don't know just what to say,

   I just wish  I could have been there on your last day.

   You didn't go easy, I know this to be true,

   Like me, there wasn't anything that scared you!

 

   Brother, my brother, we will meet again,

   Maybe we can hook-up and drink some gin.

   I will never let you go, I will take up the slack,

   Because I know, You have always got my back!!!

 

 

          This is for my younger brother, Marvin Edward Goodson. Killed by some  piece of shit deputy in Missouri. Rest in peace, brother. The piece of shit that gunned you down will never rest, as long as I live!!!  "Ride to live, live to ride, bro"!!!  You will be missed.

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!! 

Did I mention that I hate fuckin' Pigs???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really starting to worry about you. You seem so angry lately too. I know it was painful to lose your brother and I think this poem is therapy, it's like you're talking about it and talking about it helps. I wish you weren't so angry though, but if writing about helps, then go for it.

You are a survivor John.

Mollie