Saturday, February 25, 2006

Burn Out, or Fade Away?

  In the song "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard, they say it is better to burn out than to fade away.  Hmmm, I take that to mean it is better to go out in a blaze of glory than to grow old, and slowly fade away. I wonder which is better?

 

       Ever hear the old saying "die young and leave a good looking corpse"? Same thing, I guess. I feel that I am still "burning brightly", for now.  I think that maybe I would like for my star to shine forever, and NOT fade away, or burn out. Barring that, I would settle for a little "fading burn".

 

        Sort of after you have burned for awhile, then faded away. All of a sudden, you experience a second burn, leading to a final fading out......not so bright that you over-shadow all others, but just enough that someone will point to the sky, and say, "Hey, did you see that"? Just enough so that a few people would notice on that late evening, looking into the twilight sky.......just a gleam, or a twinkle.....just there, to the West....

 

             Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will never just fade away, your flame is too big! You came into this world in a blaze and you will leave this world in a blaze. You have a lot to say John......you have a lot who will listen.

Mollie