Tuesday, February 7, 2006

A New Poem (title it as you like)

  I seek Human company, but I am denied.     They never know I am there until their hands are tied.     Like the Ivy vines that cover the mighty Oak,     I am not noticed until they start to choke.         What am I, you ask?      To harm people, I am up to the task.      My name? Not just yet;      There is still more to this jest!         I can get you, young or old,      There are no others so brash or bold.       I come, and silently I creep,      You won't see me until you are in too deep!         You have seen me, full of dread and despair,      And yes, I can travel on the air.       I am depression, deep and blue,       Don't think yourself immune, I can get YOU!!!                             Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW John! I kinda got a chill after reading this. Very good and true. Depression lurks everywhere and you're right - no one has immunity.

Mollie