Wednesday, February 15, 2006

MAking Someone Happy

  Well, well, well...here we are for another day. Good morning to you, my 'minions'!! Oh, yeah, hello to all the little "monkeys" out there who only follow in other's footsteps---Dance little Monkeys, Dance!!!  On to today's topic.

 

          Have you seen those bicycles at Wally World (Wal-Mart) that look like chopped out motorcycles? They are the original Schwinn Stingray bikes, but they look like a chopped and stretched Harley. You KNOW that my youngest daughter just HAD to have one! That's my girl! Well, she got one yesterday. My wife and I brought it home, and I put it in her room(no mean feat since we live in a house trailer!!)

 

        When she came home from school, I told her to clean up her room....c'mon, how many teenagers have a CLEAN room at any random time? That's just what I thought, now shut up! So, she goes to her room. Now, usually I hear a lot of grumbling, and NO CLEANING. Hmmmm, yesterday was different...NO SOUNDS came from her room! I expected at LEAST a few squeals of delight.....nothing.

 

           This, of course, bore further investigation from ol' dad, the hippie biker! Imagine my surprise when I found her with a dusting cloth in her hand, wiping off the dust that had accumulated while the bike was in the store!! She informed me that a bike like that should NEVER be dusty. Dirty from the road, but never dusty with house dust!!

 

          These words from my little girl gave me an idea, aside from the fact that she may have been born with my wanderlust. Her words said to me..."Take it out and use it, but never let it collect dust"!! How true. I think we take for granted our talents, and let them collect dust in the back of our minds. That's sad, and I know a little girl who would tell you that to your face.

 

              Do this; today, do something that you haven't done for a long time. I could care less what it is. Sew, knit, go play in the snow for a few minutes. Just do something you haven't done since you were a kid! I don't care if you just pick your nose in public, just do it! Make sure it is something JUST FOR YOUR PLEASURE!!! Don't do it for your boss, your spouse, your kids, or your parents....do it for YOU. Here's the kicker---it has to make you laugh, or at least feel good. Play some of your old records really loud! Say "hello" to people on the street that you don't know. Just do something, don't let those things that make you happy collect dust!!   Me? I am doing just what I like...writing. I am also cooking dinner for tonight.

 

                      Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already did John, I cranked the Van Halen LOUD and jammed with my air guitar and that sure put a smile on my face. It made me want to get my bass guitar out of the closet, I think I will! Thanks

Mollie