Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Meaning of 'Hardships'

I almost forgot this shit, but it is too cool to NOT tell!  Last week, when my wife and I had our taxes done by a leading firm, I won't say their name, but it rhymes with  "H&R Block".  Anywhoo, the lady doing the taxes asked us, "did you incur any hardships from hurricane Katrina"? Now, some of you know me as well as I know me, and I just KNEW that I was about to get ME in trouble!!

 

       "Did I incur any hardships from hurricane Katrina", she asks....YES, YES i DID incur hardships from it. Gasoline for my car doubled OVERNIGHT! My town Mayor was kind enough to send out flyers saying that the natural gas that we heat our homes with had just jumped 70% in price! A 10 pound bag of potatoes at the store jumped to $5.00!!! For POTATOES!! How far is natural gas shipped to my home...three(3) miles. There is a huge pumping station just three(3) fucking miles from my home!! It sits on one of the LARGEST natural gas deposits in the area!! The price of everything MORE THAN DOUBLED OVERNIGHT!! I am disabled, and on a fixed income! Yes, I DID incur hardships from Katrina....

 

        The lady found this "interesting",(her word), but stated to me, "The Federal Government does NOT consider being poor a hardship".  No shit! Well, then, someone has been lying to me! Go with me sometime to buy a car...it seems that I "don't make enough" to buy a car! I have to go to my doctor once a month...I live in the country, NOTHING is within walking distance from my home! Ok, well, with the exception of a quick piss in the woods, I forgot about that.

 

         Whoops, we need furniture. We have had this shit for more than 10 years. "I'm sorry, you just don't make enough money every month". Isn't there somewhere that you can report discrimination towards disabled people? No, not in the great state of Mississippi! It sure is funny that my definition of "Hardships" differs so greatly from the government's! Shit, I need to get on their page.....oh, wait, I don't make enough each month to buy that book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

                    Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: