Tuesday, November 30, 2004

"Ruminations"

     Can the wind recall the names it has carried in the past?

      Can it recall, and bring them back?

       The wind can remember all that it has borne,

        The happy, the sad, the joyful, and the forelorn.

 

           Yes, it can remember, but cannot bring them back,

             What's gone is gone, what's past, is past.

            For the wind is a beast, not easily tamed,

            But the wind, it will never know my name.

 

            By: John F. Goodson, Jr.    Nov. 30, 2004

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant John! That's all I can say!!!!!

Anonymous said...

John this is Mairia, I had to register a screen name (you would know how much this means if you knew how much I distrust AOL LOL) so I could tell you how much I love this poem!

It really touched me. If you ever need someone who has 'been there done that' from what I am seeing in your journal give me a holler. If there is one thing my life has made me it is a good sounding board!