Friday, November 5, 2004

Bullies---(you will love this!)

  Good day to all my peeps! Guys, girls, undecideds, whoever you are!  Welcome to one  and all!! Settle down in the back, I see ya'. And for goodness's sake, quit eating those damn chips at your 'puter, it gets the keys all oily!! Now, what was the subject.....oh, yeah, BULLIES.

     Here is a little known fact--in the first grade, a kid beat me up when I was walking home(it was the sixties, we could walk home back then). No big deal, right? Well, he did this EVERYDAY---up to the third grade!  I hated fighting, but I didn't like getting beat up, either.

   One day, my stepdad decided to pick me up at school. I have no idea why, he showed little or no interest before that. Anyway, he gets there late, so he found this kid(who was bigger than me), beating the shit outta me. I thought, great, finally some help. My stepdad was 6' 6" tall, and weighed in around 400 pounds. Big, dumb, and mean, a truck driver.

      He snatched me up from that hell on earth, and took me home. I was soo proud of him at that moment....but fate is a cruel, cold-hearted bitch. My stepdad beat the shit out of me right then and there, and my mother joined in. I was betrayed,and, it seems, I had committed an affront to them that was socially unacceptable! I was actually beaten up in public. This would not stand!

    After spending most of the night as a punching bag for my stepdad, I was allowed to sleep for a couple of hours, then sent to school, with just ONE condition; I was to hunt down that boy, and hurt him. I did. I had only been at school for about two minutes when he came walking up the sidewalk.

      I jumped him right there. At first, he just laughed. But then it got ugly, and I did more damage than ANY third-grade child should EVER be allowed to. No one stopped me, they continued to let me kick this boy in the head, and anywhere else I could. He was crying at first, then he fell silent, and someone pulled me away. It was not over...it never will be.

        Something inside me snapped that day. I knew no one would ever pick on me again, I would see to that personally. The other boy? He only ended up with a small concussion. Did he bother me again? Yes, just a few days later, and he got the same. Then the roles were reversed. I was once timid, and would try to run from him....not anymore. Now, I did the chasing, AND the beating!

       The point of all of this? As you read this, one would be tempted to be mad at the other kid, because he was a bully. Now, read it again, and pay attention this time. The REAL bully here is the stepdad. I thought he would help me. I was wrong, and never made that mistake again.

      Bullies now? Well, they come in a different form, as I recently learned. Bullies nowadays can even be young, spoiled little girls with computers, and waaaaayyyy too much time on their hands.

 

           Now Play Nice with each Other!!

No comments: