Tuesday, November 2, 2004

"Friends"

    For "mood" I put frustrated...not an accurate description, really.  "PISSED OFF" sounds better.  You see, I broke my own rules, and had a couple of "friends". For now, let's just call them "Biggest Ass", and "Killjoy". You see, I learned very early in life that "friends" are the first to fuck you over. I guess some things never change!

   You would think after 44  years of surviving the absolute worst that this shitty world can throw at someone, I should know better!  Geez, I got screwed, and didn't even get dinner or a thank you! I have worked tirelessly for 11 months on a certain website(no names, at least I have SOME integrity, even if they don't), for free. That's right, no pay, and I was a sucker for doing it.

          After being publicly humiliated by these two "friends", I quit the site. I wasn't mean about it, I just quit.  Others quit right along with me, but the "friends" decided to delete my posts BEFORE anyone else saw them!! Now I have confused people asking me what is happening, and they are quitting the site as well. Seems more people like me than I even knew.

       At this point, I should do  or say something gracious, maybe "please, don't quit the site just because I did". Yeah, right. Fuck that....quit in DROVES!! You are being lied to! They are keeping information from you!! I even had my account frozen, so I could NOT post that I quit!!  I can't even go back in and delete the over 2,000 posts that I have made these past 11 months!

        "Big Brother" is everywhere, people. Even on a simple little free website! Don't get sucked in by having "friends", they are the first to stab you with the "Dagger of Betrayal". I have always said "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer", looks like I should re-think that advice.......

      Oh, yeah, for those who know......."chirp, chirp?? CHIRP CHIRP, DAMMIT, CHIIIRRRPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, my brother.

Anonymous said...

It is a sad day for me to read what has happened to you.  I agree 11 long months without a Thank You from the Big Guys but lots of Thank You's from all of the people that you have helped quit their addiction.  Don't ever forget that.  People like Bob and Barbara.

I don't think Big Ass or Kiljoy were ever your real friends.  Your real friends are the ones who have stood by you in the last few days and who have followed you out.

I was the lucky one and was able to bow out when I did.
Jean

Anonymous said...

I see you all left I also would like to join in your new group mollie.n The site here is boring without you all, let me know where to go pleeaasseeeee

Anonymous said...

I would also like to join the new group.  I don't feel comfortable on those boards any more.

Anonymous said...

p.s. not only did I see your great post, I saved it.......8-)

I am pleased to announce that I QUIT!! I have had ENOUGH of the games, and straight up BS! First it was Marc over the weekend, now I am no longer a Mod?? Have fun! I told everyone if I was kicked off the site, I would accept that----but that wasn't good enough for some, no way! They thought a public humiliation was in order----the "castration" of the "Mighty Dragon", as it were.

No matter, these last few days were devoted to my family anyway. My family at home, and my on-line family. I am not sure WHO is responsible for this disgrace, but I am fine with it, at least I will not call your bosses and threaten legal action because I lost my status on a FREE WEBSITE-----You see me walking away, you KNOW where you can PLANT YOUR KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to see you go and, in such a demeaning way.  I guess some people feel better about themselves when they cut others down.  Your support and wit were always welcomed.  You have not left alone, you have quite the fan following =)

Jean is right, maybe the powers that be did not thank you, but all of us little ones who have struggled with our quits give you a great big THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.

lorie