Monday, November 15, 2004

Depression

  Depression...what is that like?? Just imagine if someone parked a fully loaded 10 ton dump-truck on your chest, then told you to escape. But you must escape RIGHT NOW, and do it quietly, so you don't disturb the "normals" around you. (I don't call you "normals", I prefer "Mundanes")

     Now, free yourself from this crushing weight, NOW, get with it, you don't want to be "different". You MUST conform, be "well-adjusted", normal, like everyone else. Everyone screaming at you to conform, not letting up. But wait, just give it a few days, and you will be on cloud nine!!

      It is like being drunk with power...everything is funny, everyone likes you, you just can't lose......then, someone parks that damn truck back on top of you. Welcome to my world....a land that is completely foriegn to you "Mundanes".

      I think that I am tired of riding this roller-coaster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also know what it feels like to have a 10 ton dump-truck on my chest and can't escape.  I am going to tell you what I have told my son, "When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Some of us have no knowledge of "normal" besides what may be "normal" to one person wheather it be a professional or a friend may not be "normal" to another.  Just know and trust in yourself enough to know if you set quitely and wait everything will change.  This too will pass and even if we have the slighest glimmer of hope we know that tomorrow will be another day.  We don't know if it is going to be another bad day or if it is going to be a wonderful day full of blessings.  

So what am I saying?  That no matter how bad we want to stop the roller coaster we won't because we still have faith in the people around us and we will call out to them and hold them close so we will not fall.
Your friend,
Jean

Anonymous said...

John, I can't imagine what you and Jean have been through with depression, but what is "normal"? Normal to me is like an opinion. We have our own standard of what "normal" is. To me, your normal, sure we all have glitches, but what is your definition of "normal"? I bet it's different from mine! Don't get me wrong, I do understand about your mother, you and voices, but I still see a level of normalcy!