Friday, June 15, 2007

Who Are We

 Here is something for you to think about. In my youth, I was introduced to a man who was an Indian Shaman. American Indian, not those rag-head assholes from the middle east. This man was a REAL American Indian, from the Iroquois tribe in Michigan.

 

         I made a few trips to this man for advice. Not because I believed he was like some fortune-teller, but because the things he said made sense. And believe me, at that time, very few things made any sense at all to me. I wouldn't say that on the path of life I was lost, but I was wandering from the path a lot.

 

           On one visit, he asked me, "who are you"? I told him my name, and I said that he knew me. He simply asked the question again..."who are you". I couldn't answer him. At the time, I had no idea "who" I was. He told me not to worry, that I would find out "who I was" soon enough. He told me to always hold the values that I had at the time. Now, that may sound strange to you after reading yesterday's page in this, but it isn't, really.

 

           I have always known what was fair, what was right, and I have an unshakable sense of duty and honor. A sense of brotherhood that has never waned. Those are the things that I was told to hold onto. Who am I?

 

         I am a simple man that enjoys the simple things. I have never lusted for the rich man's gold. I have taught my children right from wrong, and that  family are the only ones you can count on. I will always fight for the underdog in any situation. I don't take shit from anyone, and I have taught my children that trait, also. If I live long enough, I will teach these things to my grandchildren. Oh, I don't worry about death, either. It's just another journey that some take. "Who am I"? The quest to answer that is still on-going; who knows where it shall lead? Now, I ask, "who are YOU"?

 

          : )Holla' If You Hear Me!!!: )

No comments: