Thursday, June 14, 2007

Relatives, and Relativity, as Only I can See It

 There I was,  going through my E-mails, when I came upon a letter from a relative on my real dad's side. An Aunt, she is really cool, and hey, coolness goes a long way with me. Her question was "what about your younger brother, do you two talk or get along". There is a very simple answer to that...no. But, it is not that simple, at all. Oh, quit yer bitchin', you KNEW it wouldn't be THAT simple!

 

         Actually, there are five of us kids. Four boys, and a little sister that was born last. Because of our mother's constant beatings, us boys hardly ever got along. I think that we took out on each other the hatred we held for our mother. We didn't just argue. Our arguments almost always ended in pure, raw, fights. And none of that sissy-shit, either. None of that rolling around on the ground, and fuckin' around. These were stand-up, fist in the face fights. We didn't mess around. Yes, there was ALWAYS blood in our fights.

 

          Now, there are reasons why I never talk about my siblings. But, the main one is that I hardly care about them at all. I have no sense of family. Getting beat on for most of your childhood sort of does that. I sort of feel bad that one of my brothers is gone, but, hey, "I didn't do it". That sounds bad to you, I know. Besides, I look back at the times we fought each other, and the time me and him fought off a bunch of guys back-to-back one day. He was a tough little bastard, so I know he didn't just lay down. I am convinced he fought to the very end. I respect that, and that is what he would have wanted most...respect.

 

        No, I don't hardly ever talk to my younger brother, even though he lives just a few minutes away. I won't say why here, we just don't click, and we never will. We grew up hard, and we remained that way to this day. I can remember that in High School I was nick-named the "Sucker-Punch King". That was a bit un-deserved, actually. I see a sucker-punch as you hitting a guy from behind. I never did that. Can you remember back in school when two guys would get into a shoving match, and both would say, "hit me, go ahead, hit me"? Well, I never did that.

 

          If another person squared off against me, they were fair game. If their shoulder so much as twitched, or their hand moved, they were instantly on the ground. I never fucked around about hitting first. If you waited at my house in a fight, you got your ass kicked, usually fairly quickly!  I can even remember one time in my junior year, this asshole kept bugging me at the start of the year. He wanted to "challenge the Sucker-Punch King". Some guys are just stupid. One day in class he kept hitting me in the arm, and shooting spit-balls at me. He was in the row to the left of me. I asked the teacher could she make him stop, or could I PLEASE knock him out of his desk?

 

            The teacher, and my tormentor, both found that statement funny, and she told me to be quiet. One more spit-ball was  all that it took. I knocked the bastard right out of his desk, and kicked him around on the floor for a bit. Just a few years ago, some guy that I pissed off said he would run me out of town the next time he saw me. A few days after he said that, I saw his car parked at the local Sheriff's office. So, I pulled behind him, got out of my car, pulled him half-way out of his window, and proceeded to beat the shit out of him right there.

 

        To answer the stupid question now forming on your lips, yes, I went to jail. What do you think? You can't beat people up in front of the Sheriff's office, and just walk away. You have to pay your dues in my "fight club". Did I win every fight? Fuck no! If someone says they have won every fight they had, then they are lying, or have never fought. Let me tell you a little secret...I have actually left in the middle of a fight. If you are losing, why stick around and get beat senseless? Screw that. There aren't any "rules" in street-fighting, and certainly nothing to keep you there if you are taking a beating! So, there it is. I, and my brothers, have absolutely NO QUALMS about beating somebody's ass if need be. Like I always say, "Don't start nothin', and there won't be nothin'". And that, my friends, is how my family puts the 'fun' in dysFUNctional!

 

           : )Holla' If You Hear Me!!!: )

No comments: