Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Even A Journey of a Thousand Miles"...

 Let's take a journey, ok? I am embarking on a new quest, and you are invited. Late Tuesday evening I ordered a new "Bowflex" machine. I had wanted to order the base model at $800.00. I would have gotten around to it, I just needed a little push. That push came Tuesday evening.

 

          I answered my telephone only to hear a female voice from Bowflex asking me if I still had the credit card that they sent me a few months ago. "Yes, I still have it", I replied. I told her of my plans to order the base model. I was offered a "deluxe" model(comes with more attachments) for $1299.00. Whoa! I wasn't looking to spend that much! After some more talking, the voice offered me the deluxe model for $799.00! I couldn't believe it. I mean, hear I was, trying everything I knew to get some off the price, and she hits me with $500.00 off the price, and FREE SHIPPING!!! Yeah, I am now the owner of a Bowflex machine. I have wanted one for years, now I am awaiting it's arrival in five to ten working days.

 

          Now, I hear some of you saying I was "suckered" into this deal. Not really. I will tell you why. Diet and Insulin are not controlling my diabetes. My blood-sugar readings are consistently over 200, and sometimes as high as 400. What's normal, you ask? Well, for me, they want to see something around 148 consistently. Now, that is what they want as an average...not every time, that would be impossible.

 

             Since diet and insulin aren't keeping it in check, exercise is next. And since I already have a bad heart, and a bad knee, exercising outside the home is not possible. Couple that with the fact that I don't really like a lot of people, and I am stuck here, sitting on my rapidly expanding ass. This is not a good thing. Not good at all. So, I will tell everyone here when I get my machine. Since it will ship in TEN, count 'em, TEN boxes, I am assuming that it has to be put together. Since I have worked on everything from farm tractors to tanks in the army, I think I can handle it. I certainly have the tools for it. Man, my UPS guy is gonna hate me for this one! And, yes, I know the UPS guy by his name...and he knows me, too! As a matter of fact, he knows just about everyone here in town by name.

 

             So, come along for the ride. Bowflex says just 20 minutes three days a week, and you will see results in about six weeks. Now, since I have ALL DAY to work out...well, you get the idea. This should be interesting.

 

        :-)Holla' If You Hear Me!!!:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you John....I used weight lifting equpment for over 30 years....do not do it anymore.....arthritus has set in my hands....plus I'll leave it to you younger people.....now lets get them sugar levels down where they should be.