Monday, June 18, 2007

This Just Can't be Fair

 Would you like to know what pisses me of? And, shut up in the back, I heard you say "everything". I mean other than that. I have been watching these people on tv that have let themselves go, and are what the doctors call "morbidly obese". I am talking about people who range in weight from 500 to over 700 pounds!

 

       I am not mad because they have done this to themselves,(and the have, I don't care what excuse they use), I am pissed off because I hear the doctors on these shows say that these people "run the risk of heart disease, stroke, or diabetes". WHAT? RUN THE RISK? I can't even get my blood-sugar levels where my doctor wants them, and these 'wide-loads' are only "running the risk of"? What the fuck is that about?

 

       Most of my life I have avoided sugar if I could. I just don't like sweet things. Yes, I have had cake, or candy, or whatever, but always in small portions. I just don't like sweets like other people do. When I first started watching these programs it was more for me than anything else. I figured if I saw it firsthand, then I wouldn't fall into that trap. You see, I tend to not go places these last few years, so I was getting worried that I could end up like one of those people.

 

        I am not without compassion for these people. I know firsthand how hard it was to quit smoking. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have to virtually stop eating. I mean, you can do without smoking, but everyone HAS TO EAT to live. That is a loaded gun for those people. I can tell you one thing. If they had diabetes, and had to take shots all the time, they might learn a new word...MODERATION. I have had to give up nearly everything I like because of this friggin' diabetes! I truly hope I never end up like one of those people, with some talk-show host cutting a wall out of my house just to get me out....damn, I couldn't even imagine the embarassment, or the feeling of utter failure.

 

        :  ) Holla' If You Hear Me!!!: )

No comments: