Saturday, June 23, 2007

Last Week---Father's Day

 So, I noticed I didn't write anything about Father's Day. Well, last Saturday, my oldest daughter, her husband, and the two kids came to take me out for dinner. Now, the little girl was already here when they came, so I spent most of the day with her. Her little brother, who is only three had a great time with his "pop-pop". I know he had a good time because he was telling everyone that he was "going to kick their butts". He only says this when I am around him. I guess he figures if he can start it, I can finish it.

 

                  We went to a local Chinese restaurant. Since it was "crab-legs" nite, my son-in-law was happy as a clam(pun intended). My little grandson was content to eat the shrimp off of my plate...you know I let him do it. My granddaughter didn't see anything she wanted on my plate, but we made her a plate to suit her tastes. As expected, both kids paid no attention to their mom or dad. But then, mom and dad allowed them that little luxury for that evening.

 

               Then, on Sunday, my wife and youngest daughter took me out to lunch. We go every Sunday, anyway, but they said it was for Father's day, so I let them. We had a good time, it was quieter without the grandchildren, but different somehow. My youngest girl is gone to Amarillo, Texas as of this writing. She went with her best friend and her parents. That child is having one of her best summers yet.

 

            First off, she went to "summer bible camp", her first time ever to go. After a week of that, she came home for two days, then went back to summer bible camp as a "helper" for the little(4 to 8 year olds) kids. She spent a week at that. Now she is gone to Texas. I hope she doesn't have to do one of those "What I did This Summer" papers when she goes back to school. It would take her a week to write it! Later, my minions!

 

        ;-)Holla' If You Hear Me!!!;-)

No comments: