Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Part Two of "No Subject"

         Now that my friend has picked me up,we pull over to assess the damage to me. As far as we can tell,the only thing broken is my nose. I do look like a walking "human bruise". No part of my body isn't covered in bruises. I might have a concussion,or a bunch of 'em for that matter,we can't tell. Hospital,doctor?? No way,they ask too many questions when people have boot marks all over them. This will be settled later,when I get back to the club.

          I really wish I could tell you that I busted out with moves like Bruce Lee,and kicked everyone's ass that night. It just dosen't happen that way. No matter how good you THINK you are,these guys were like a bunch of cats playing with just ONE mouse. For that one night,my name was MOUSE!

           I went home,but there was already a "War Council" meeting there;they knew what would happen to me.The saddest part of all of this---I knew FULL WELL what would happen to me,but I went anyway! I HAD to! I was part of the gang...it HAD to be done. Besides,I was now exempt from the battle that I knew was coming.

         Through what we called "runners",both clubs agreed ;no guns. Chains,clubs,knives,and anything else was allowed. No one else got the crap beat out of them untill the actual street-fight. But a strange thing happened: I got the respect of my guys,naturally,but the prez of the other club actually sent a runner to say that I had his respect.

         I certainly don't remember much of that night when I went to him with the warning to leave. I guess that I was a little fuzzy on some of the details of how his guys "played" that night. But one thing stuck with him....I never gave in,and begged them to stop. Hmmm,that could be because of a couple kicks to the head,just as all of the "fun" started that night! I know it was light when they tossed me into the street the next morning,and my friend that picked me up said that it was after 7:00 am,that's about it. So,a boot to the head won me some measure of respect?? Uhhh,ok.

            There was a street battle that took place,and the other group quietly slinked away to lick their wounds,and leave town. I was happier than everyone else---I would NEVER have to go back there;and I would never have to make "first contact" with  another gang. I earned my stripes that night,and I knew it. Now,so do you.

                                Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: