Friday, June 4, 2004

No news is good news---

Life-support was discontinued today at 12:00 pm,central daylight savings time,for my mother. As I write this,she is still sort of breathing unassisted. The doctor says there is NO chance of her recovering from this...I think I will just wait and see. So for right now,there is no word,but that could change at any time.

      I guess my biggest problem is the way that our mother treated us,and never apoligized for her behavior. She never saw herself as doing anything wrong. I spent a lot of years hating her. Maybe loathing is a better word? No,it was pure,raw,unadulterated hate,plain and simple. In recent years I have come to realize that she mostly could not help what she did for all of that time.

        I never told my mom that I loved her....I don't think that I did,so I would not say it. I will shed no tears for her,it is a sign of weakness,and besides,she wouldn't stand for any of that. She was tough,and she was mean,but most of all,she was,and still is,a fighter. I firmly believe this,and wherever she ends up,someone will most certainly have their hands full.......................................

                                        Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: