Thursday, July 1, 2004

Words For My Friend

       A while back,I asked people to send me their stories,and I would put them here,if they let me. This is from a friend I have on-line. I will use no names,other than what are in the story,as I don't want to cut it up. Here,in it's entirity is my friend's story.....enjoy.

      

Patsy, Our friend has gone home. She will surly be missed. In 1998 after spending 65 days in ICU
I was diagnosed with COPD and sent home on oxygen. I found the COPD Support group on the internet.
Back then the group wasn't as large as today. I met Patsy through the chat room. Both being
from North Carolina and then we found out we were only 60 miles apart. We began talking
over the phone and supporting one another. That first year I had so much to learn and was so
scared. Patsy consoled me and taught me so much. One night I was having a heart scare and
she kept me on the phone for an hour to make sure I was all right after taking a certain medicine.
Finally we got to meet and she introduced me to her dear friend and now my friend, Carol Richardson.
Through these last five years we have gone through many ups and downs, shared many emails,
laughed and cried together. Each had several hospital stays during this period. 2 nights ago
Patsy called me and told me she was in the hospital and that the Dr. had told her she had
already lived 5 years longer that expected. She told me then she didn't think it would be
long before the end would come. Her voice sounded strong and so when I got the news
tonight that Patsy had died I was shocked. Just didn't expect it to be so soon. But, I
know now that was why she called me so late Thursday night, so I would have a chance to
say "goodbye". She told me that she loved me and I told her the same.

Remember to tell your friends and family that you love them often.
I love my E-friend very much,and this person has even said that I am like a big brother to them. Please read the story,and learn something from it.

No comments: