Monday, June 7, 2004

Rumininations

  Late one evening,when I was 17 years old,I was to meet with an Indian Shaman,when I lived in Michigan. He was an ancient man,very old,and very wise,or so I was told. He was to help guide me in my life;not tell me how to live,just give me an idea what lay ahead,as much as anyone can do such a thing.

   He was a gruff old man,and somewhat short-tempered. He had no time for you,if you didn't believe in what he was doing---I did. He asked no money for what he did,but I brought him an "offering" of meat,tobacco,a new knife,and some other trinkets....I can't remember all of it. I offered all of these things to him,for his services,I was glad to give these things to him. He recieved me,and the process began.

   I was forbidden from ever telling just what he did,and I have kept my word,even now....sorry. I CAN tell you what he told me. My spirit sign is a hawk. I had much "turbulance" swirling around me at the time. I was informed that I needed to settle some of the turbulance,to help quiet my life,and get me back on track. He never told my future....that wasn't his job. He was there to look into my soul,and he did just that. Was he able to calm my spirit? Of course not...that was my job.

       I have been doing that job every single day since that cool,crisp evening in the Northern Autumn.....I can honestly say that it is a job that will never be over. Thankfull,I have a true soul-mate with me who helps keep my turbulent spirit in check,but is kind enough to let it out to fly around sometimes.....my wife.

                                        Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: