Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What Happened to Him?

   That's right, "Prince".  I am listening to some of his "oldstuff". You know, his first songs. Purple Rain, The Look, When Doves Cry, Kiss, Cream, etc. What happened to him?

 

             Well, Hollyweird happened to him. First he turns his name into a symbol, then he disappears altogether! Laugh at my tastes in music(they are far and wide), if you will, but in the latter half of the 80's, Prince ROCKED the pop charts!

 

         Damn near every one of his songs were instant hits---the ONLY Artist at the time to even go up against Micheal Jackson....and in my humble opinion, beat him at his own game!!!(beat him, pun intended!) Helped along by two fantastic stage burners---Appolonia, and Ms. Sheena Easton, his live shows were pure art. Or, as some said, pure, raw, sex on stage.

 

         Yes, I like Prince, I just wish he would come up with some NEW material that was worthy of his talent. It is such a shame that some people get 'stars' in their eyes, and then get all stupid. That is when they lose their talent, and become obsolete, or obscure, invisible, un-noticed. Poor Prince...can he ever come back? I doubt it.

 

          You see, talent like his, (he wrote nearly ALL of his songs, some his father worked on also, before his death), can only be had when you are hungry. Before ANY fame can come your way. When you are struggling, you try to get noticed, like me. Maybe that's why I am soooo fuckin' good right now!!!! Shut up---it could happen!

 

                      Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: