Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Special Day

     Today is my granddaughter's birthday. Six years ago today,(actually at about 10:00 pm) I saw the miracle of life happen for my daughter. And even though I had mixed feelings about it at the time, I would never trade my little "Roze" for anything!!!

 

              That's right, she is six years old. She informed me just today that I couldn't color worth spit! I get out of the lines far too much to be any good at it! I guess I need to work on that. A lot, according to her! At least she loved the cake I made for her today. She says she loves having a "pop-pop" that can cook!!!

 

                 If someone told me twenty years ago I would be this great, hulking, doting granddad, I would have busted his chops for being so stupid. Looks like I was the stupid one! I would do anything for that little girl, and her brother. No one will ever harm them while I can draw a breath. Like a friend of mine says, "if I can't handle it, I can hire it done!". Too true, Mickey, too true!!!!

 

                           Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: