Thursday, June 1, 2006

Equal Time

 Ok, so I got pinched by one of my female "minions" for making a general statement about women in general. I deserved it, I admit it. So, to give equal time, here we go.

 

              Did you know that there is actually a web site devoted to "outing the cheaters" among us? Oh, wait, did I mention that it is run by women? Did I also mention that it only "outs" male cheaters? Men who meet women on line, and bed them, but are married. Hmmm, a place for tramps to go to after they fall for some guy's lies, and publicly shame him after the fact???  Yeah, that seems fair to me! Why don't they tell women's names who cheat? Oh, sorry, I didn't quite hear that response?

 

           Oh, I see. Men are dogs, and more prone to cheating!  WRONG! These days it is about 50/50 on that score. Now, my young female reader told me that she could replace the word women  with the word men in my writing....and she is most probably right. We have all been screwed over at one time or another by the opposite sex...some of you have been screwed over by the same sex... but that is for another time!

 

          Whether it was an accident(and no, I don't consider an affair an accident!), or whether it was on purpose(I won't use any names here), we have ALL felt the sting of betrayal, and it hurts. Yes, contrary to popular belief, men have feelings. Its just that our society puts such stock in men being "hard" that we can't possibly show them! And, no, I haven't made it to the "sensitive man" of the '80's! I am who I am, and sometimes I come down a little rough on females.

 

            Here is a news flash...females cheat too!!! It has been going on since the first poor bastard dragged the first woman back to his cave! If he had only known what he was in for. I don't understand people...sometime in your life, YOU will hurt someone you love. And I DON'T mean family...but a spouse, or a boy/girlfriend. Why do we do it? It only brings bad feelings, and a lot of work to repair the damage,(I know from personal experience!). Why do we hurt each other, and then say we can't stand each other?

 

          Ever hear this one; "I swear to God I will NEVER date anyone else"? It happens everyday! Ask someone WHY they hurt the one they loved, and they can never come up with a good answer, if they come up with one at all!!! THINK before you act...you can save yourself, and your "other half", a lot of hurt feelings later on down the road! Take care of each other.

 

                    Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling me young, that was nice.  So lets just agree to do this, agree that people are people and are prone to do good and bad things to other people, regardless of their gender.  I am not such a tight ass about gender generalizations as it may seem, but I gotta admit, I don't like being classified as "all the others" just because I may share a likeness.  I am an individual regardless of my gender, income, number of kids I have, age etc... I can think independantly of anyone else, I like new shoes just like I love the feel of a 1240 hp motorcycle under my fanny.  Men and woman are people so sometimes people cheat on their other halves and sometimes, they don't cheat.  Thank you for un-clumping the two.  :-)