Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Just Bring It!!!

 ........So, here I am with nothing to do today, when my phone rings. It is my oldest daughter; "Hey, pop, can you take care of 'little man' for a couple of hours, I need to go to the eye doctor"?  "Hell yeah", I say, "I'm not doing anything else". "Bring the little shit over".  In a few minutes, my grandson is here, and ready to tear up jack!! He is something else, I must say!

 

             Well, mom leaves, and we get about the business of tearing up "Pop-Pop's" house. I could pull the engine out of a bike, rebuild it, put it back in, and STILL not have expended as much energy as spending two hours with this little boy!! He is non-stop energy. Did he eat things that weren't good for him? Hell Yeah! Did he play with toys? Hell Yeah! Did he play with my tools? Hell Yeah! He's a boy, what did you expect?

 

             We have a very small kid's bow, you know, for shooting arrows. As soon as he can pull it, he will be in my yard shooting it!! As he grows, he will become acustomed to guns, and to hunting as well. If he chooses not to hunt, then that will be his choice. If he chooses to not like guns, that will also be his choice. He will learn the taste of beer, and of deer meat, and wild turkey(the whiskey and the bird), he will learn of many things.....I will see to that. It is my job, and I will perform it to the best of my ability.

 

                He will learn to fish, shoot, hunt, ride, drive, whatever, and I will hopefully be there to see it all. Someone once told me that if they knew that grandchildren were this much fun, they would have had them first!!! I think I would have to agree, although that is physically impossible. LOL

 

                      Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: