Thursday, May 25, 2006

It Ain't Pretty---But It Works

 Ok, I have been working on this for about a year now. It's not so much a poem, as it is a sort of prayer. I think. Maybe. Hell, I don't know, really. It is sort of like a beat up old Chevy truck, it ain't pretty, but it gets the job done...for me, at least. I hope you enjoy it. It truly was a "labor of Love".

 

 

                         "The Rock-n-Rollers Prayer"

Dear Jimmy, why couldn't you put the drugs away?

Never again will we ever hear your sweet guitar play.

Ronnie, you said that you were a free bird,

But you left suddenly, without another word!

 

Janis, so young, beautiful and fresh,

The world wasn't ready for your death.

There are so many others for whom the wind has spoken,

They have all gone too soon, and left our hearts broken!

 

My God, Jimmy, you and the others could have stayed,

It's been too long since we have heard you play!

We loved them, one and all,

And in our hearts, they still walk tall.

 

All of the lost, their voices larger than this world,

Into the Universe they were suddenly hurled!

We've lost so many that it's hard to tell,

Is it the end of Heaven, or the start of Hell?

 

I hope one day to hear them all again,

But for now, I walk among mortal men.

 

 

Well, there it is, for better or worse. I  kind of like it, but to me it isn't finished...it may never be.

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: