Tuesday, May 16, 2006

*Flashback*!!!!

   Shit! I tried to stop it, but it kept coming! A flashback from my earlier life!! The year is 1976, I am at a friend's house, we are in the basement, smoking a joint, and listening to Led Zepplin. Damn, if you are a teenager reading this, hold in revere these moments, for they are gone all too quickly! We somehow feel the need to grow up too fast at this age! Slow down, and savor the time you have been given.

 

                 I grew up far too fast.  Nothing I could do about it, I guess. I had to get to where I am when I was too young to understand just why I needed to be there right then. Don't be like me...enjoy being a teenager. Maybe some of you are reading this as you enter your last summer vacation from school. You will graduate next year. Take this summer to do the things that you want to do. Believe me, the time slips away from you faster than you can imagine!

 

           For shit's sake, be who you are!!!  Don't try to fit someone's mold of just who you should be! Be your own person! I was, and I am none the worse for wear, I can tell you. Don't let anyone dictate who you should be...you are your own person! I never let anyone push me into being someone I wasn't! Do what you have to, but be you  at all costs!!!

 

                   Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: