Tuesday, May 4, 2004

Old,New Friends

      I had to go to my doctor this morning. Nothing new there,I have to go every month;today was different. I met a young man who is in the Army. This young man is a "tread-Head"---a tanker. He LOVES his job!. We spent just over two hours talking to each other.

        I have never seen this boy before,nor he,I. Having been in the Army,and being a Track Vehicle Maintence person,we just hit it right off. I never got the young man's name,hell,I don't think I told him mine! We talked about tanks,driving tanks,firing tanks,working on tanks,everything. This young man was totally,and completely proud of being an American Soldier,and let you know it.

       This young man has a fervent hatred of news reporters....he does not like them,at all. I knew I liked this boy for some reason! This young man was completely animated while we were talking! He had the uncanny ability to almost sound like a tank firing it's main gun....repeatedly! You would have thought we had fought side-byside in many battles,not just met on the spot. This young man believes in what he does,and believes in it completely.

          He has been to Somalia,to the gulf,and many other places. He does not like anyone who speaks against the U.S.Army,but,like me,he said that he would fight to the death for their right to say it....I told you I liked this kid. He is a good(if loud)young man,in service to his country,and he knows the dangers. He is keenly aware that he could be lost at any time,and have to make the "Ultimate Sacrifice". He also has his own "views" as to how to finally clean up Baghdad...and he is very adamant about them.

             For this young man,and all of the young men and women in our Armed Forces,just let me say,Good Job,guys! You will never hear me speak badly of any of you,or the crappy job that you have been stuck with. I,and my family stand behind you,and,if need be,I can stand alongside you!

                                             Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: