Thursday, May 20, 2004

Changing Times

Here is one for the books;my oldest daughter came over today while I was repairing my roof. Nothing strange about that,except that she climbed up the ladder,and set about to working on the roof with me! You may be asking "what is so strange about that?"

Before my daughter got married,and left home,she never had more than two words to say to me. She wasn't mean,or rude,she was just always in a hurry to go places with her friends,no time for "the old man",as it were. Now, she only lives about six miles from our home,but she will call,and spend close to an hour just talking to us! Don't get me wrong,I love it,but find it funny that this young girl,who had no time for her parents before,seems to have plenty of time for us now!

    She started to leave today,but I told her I was about to fire up the old grill. She couldn't possibly leave untill she had one of dad's grilled 'burgers! It just seems strange how we raise a child,when they are young,we play with them all the time. But in their teen years,they seem to be lost to us. Then they move away,and they seem to cherish ANY time they have with us! I don't guess it is meant for us to understand---just enjoy the times that we have them---let them out on their own---and be proud if they come back to us at all!

                                        Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: