Saturday, May 8, 2004

My Poems---

        My poems....some folks say that they are "dark",or ominus. Have you been paying attention? Of course they are dark;of course they speak of bleakness,and doom. What did you expect? Flowers? Fairies? Milk and cookies? Get real!

         If I had grown up priviliged,they would be different. At least I'm not one of those people,and have to guess what a life like mine was like. I know. I was there. I lived through it. Would I change anything? Wierd as it sounds,no. I see so many people who are just "Mundanes". This is what I call the everyday,plain vanilla people that I see. I can walk in somewhere,and all heads turn,conversation stops,and when it resumes,it is in low whispers.

          Walk into any "up-scale" store(J.C.Penny.Belks,Sears),and I immediately have "security" following my every move. This can actually be quite fun! I have watched young kids steal stores blind,while everyone tries to keep up with me! I have even purposely led security personnel AWAY from kids stealing things,so they could make it out. Hey,if you put all of your people on me,then I will just lead them around by the nose! It got so bad at one local Wal-Mart,I finally called the head office,and complained. It looked like I was some kind of rock-star with his entourage following him around! Kind of silly if you ask me.

           I never have a problem in restaraunts---I can get ANY seat that I prefer. Like I told you before,If you see me,then you will "see" me. I will look right through you,to get to know you. I believe the eyes are the windows to the soul,and I use them a lot. Funny,I can walk around in public,and people steer clear of me. But here at home,there is a three year old grand daughter who has absolutely no fear of me! Imagine,a three year old who will actually pull the beard of a man that grown people are afraid to even look at,let alone touch!

           I have a grandson who is not quite four months old,yet he lies in my arms and "coos" constantly! He has no fear of me. He will never have a fear of me. But,most people do,and I like it like that. Don't bother me,and I don't have to harm you....it works out for both of us. Surely there are meaner people than me......yes,there are. But I do not fear them as some of you might. Meaner,tougher,quicker to fight,I have seen them---they nod to me when I pass by. It is called "RESPECT".

                                           Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: