Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The End of a Pack-Rat's Dream

       Today is a bad day. I have done what most men will never do in their lifetimes; I actually cleaned a lot of junk out of our house that was mine. Yes,I actually got rid of a bunch of stuff! Some of it got trashed,and some will go to the yard-sale this weekend,weather permitting.

      This was mostly tools,and tons of nuts,bolts,screws,nails....just about 22 years worth of stuff! Most of it was car-related tools. I actually filled a large box with just "junk". Old pc boards,fan motors,several non-working things,you name it!

        What makes men keep things that will never work again? And evidently not just men...my little grand-daughter was digging things out as fast as I could throw it away!!!!  I was laughing my butt off,she will be just like me! "ooh,Pop-Pop,you can still use this" was an oft' heard phrase today! This child will not throw anything away! Even the stick from an eaten pop-sicle is worth keeping. Who knew?

         The box of "garbage",as my wife called it,bekoned to me all day. It kept tempting me to go through it just "one more time" to be sure that there wasn't something in there that I could use....sooner or later! I fought the urge to dig in it,but it was so hard. I have one of those LARGE stand-up tool boxes...damn near as tall as me! It got to the point that we could find nothing without digging for at least an hour at a time! That will happen no more---it will be cleaned at least once a year from now on.

          Come on.if I can do it,then so can you. If you need to,just spray some WD-40 on your hands,so you can turn loose of the "junk" easier!  lol  Have a good one,folks!

                                            Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: