Friday, May 25, 2007

Planned Obselescence

 Well, good day to all! Time once again for the weekend. Time to get rowdy! Or, not, whatever you prefer. My daughter's TV in her room finally gave up the ghost, and died today. Luckily, Wal-Mart is having a sale on 19" TVs! Just $79:00 for one. So, we cruised on down to the local "Wally-World", and grabbed one! Not a bad price, if I must say so myself. The picture is great, and it even has stereo sound!

 

          Damn, I can still remember back when TVs ran on old tubes. When one, or more, was suspect, you could go to the local hardware store and test them on this big-ass machine. I used to think I was so "grown up" by testing those old tubes. I was only about five or six years old at the time. Remember when TVs had actual knobs on the front? Remember standing out in the cold trying to find just the right position for the old antennas? I do. Anyone remember the old "rabbit ears"? How about rabbit ears with tin-foil on them? Those were the days. My kids have asked me what a remote control looked like back then. It looked exactly like ME!!! My mom used to say "hey, go change the channel, and don't forget to use the pliers"!!! Yeah, you know what I am talking about. The "good old days".

 

            Now look at what TV has become. We can get pictures from sattelites over a hundred miles out in space. We can get somewhere around 500 channels, and not a damn thing to watch on any of them! Remember when you only got three stations, and maybe some P.B.S.? Man, if the president came on that night you were screwed! I have to say, though, I really like the Discovery Channel. I used to like The Learning Channel, but they have transformed that into a "house fixing and selling" channel. Oh, well, at least I still have "Adult Swim" on the Cartoon Network. What was that? You don't know what "Adult Swim" is? Well, I ain't tellin' you. Tune in Sunday through Thursday nights at 10:30 Eastern time, 9:30 central, and you will see for yourself! Make sure you watch something called "Aqua Teen Hunger Force". You will piss yourself laughing! Well, enough for now, my "minions"(damn, I still get a kick out of that!).

 

                :)Holla' If You Hear Me!!!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you wish to get rid of something, do not seek to fight against it. For by doing so, you only end up making it stronger.
Instead, choose to create a more valuable and compelling alternative. Find a way to channel your desire for change in a positive direction.

Let go of your need to assign blame and to seek retribution for destructive behavior. For that usually results in an escalating cycle of more destruction.

Instead, move completely beyond what has happened and give your energy to the best of what can be for all involved. Fill the situation with so much positive value that there's no space remaining for the negative influences.

For every negative influence, no matter how powerful, there is something positive and beneficial that can render it irrelevant. Challenge yourself to find and to travel that positive path.

Don't make the problems worse by giving them the energy of your resistance. Make the world better by giving the power of your love.