Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Great Day...Monday

 So, last Friday really sucked, huh. Well, I have those days. They come and they go. I still would rather be drunk than sober. Oh well, what are you gonna do? Lay around and piss and moan, or just piss and moan? Screw it. Monday was better, and I will tell you why.

 My granddaughter just completed the first grade Monday! She ended up with one trophy for reading...264 books in a school year! She also ended the year with seven other awards  like a citzenship award, math award, honor roll award, language arts award, and I can't even remember the rest. She was so proud, and I was too. Just think, I used to run with a motorcycle gang, and now I have grandchildren that can accomplish something like this! I have been in some places where only quick thinking, and sometimes violence, were the only means of getting out alive. I just don't have the words to describe how I felt today as that tiny little girl recieved award after award, and looked into my eyes for approval...awesome, just fucking awesome! I never believed I would see anything like it! Her mother(my oldest daughter) spent the last three years of high school(10th, 11th, &12th grades), in the "Who's Who In High School" book. A feat that has never been repeated at her school as of this writing! Even the worst days are eclipsed by something like this. From my humble beginnings as a gang member, to this. That tiny little girl, her eyes wide with the fire that I used to see in me. She will grow up better than me, I have made that vow. I still have a daughter at home (15). She sort of struggles with school, but I will be right beside her, too. No child that is related to me will go through what I did growing up...never. I will always see to that.

 

          :) Holla' If You Hear Me!!!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look around you and see all that you have chosen. What will you choose now?
Another moment is ready to be created. Give to it the fullness of your love.

How exactly would life be if you accepted complete responsibility for it? There is no reason to wait another minute before doing so.

All the beauty you have ever seen is only a small glimpse of all the beauty there can be. This is a moment that you can fill with beauty if you choose.

Take everything for which you yearn and dare to distill it into a pure and single essence. There you will find an endless supply of value to create.

From the purpose you choose to follow comes the moment in which you live. See the awesome possibilities of now, and give your best to life.