Monday, May 7, 2007

Monday, Monday

 Monday, the most maligned day of the week. I like Mondays, I've never had a problem with Monday. When I was younger, it meant an end to the seemingly "endless" partying. A time to stop "drinking and druggin". A time for rest at work. Hell, I used to go to work to get out of partying! But, that was in my younger days. Back in the "past". We have spoken of that already.

 

                Saturday I went fishing with my oldest daughter, her husband, and the grandkids. Through no fault of my daughter or her husband, I ended up as a babysitter. This was not a bad thing...I had quite the time with the children. I have always had a certain way with kids. They just seem to like me. Even now when my wife and I are out, kids will still just come up and talk to me. Don't read that the wrong way. I have never harmed a child, and never will. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a Biker who has hurt a child. They have children and grandchildren of their own.

 

                Ok, I got off track. I was happy Saturday, although I paid a heavy price for the day. A lot of my meds say that they are "photo-sensitive". That translates to "stay out of the sun". Kind of hard to do if you plan on fishing! As I wore a shirt with no sleeves,("Bubba" style), I promptly burned within ten minutes of fishing. Oh well, too late to do anything about it then! They also had a big cook-out, so there was plenty of food and beer; two things I didn't need together. I limited my self on the eating, and I also sat with the grandkids to be sure that they ate. However, I am sad to say, I had about seven beers. That is well within my "acting drunk and stupid" tolerance, so I was ok there.

 

                The "being happy" part came as a surprise. I have been so unhappy for so long, I almost forgot how it felt to be happy. Sounds stupid, dosen't it? For a few hours this past Saturday, I was "ok". Un-fuckin'-beliveable! The price paid for Saturday was worth it. It will be a long time before I go fishing again; I am still sick and my arms are still burning. It was just too much sun at once for me. That in itself is strange, as I used to fish all day long on the week-ends when I was younger, and would do so without a shirt! I never used to burn, but now...sheesh! By the way, I am still making knives. If you want one, tell me. I get twenty dollars (U.S. currency only, please), for one, and thirty five for two. If you contact me,   johngjr1960@aol.com, with details of where to send it, I will pay the shipping and handling. Laterzzzzzzzzzz

 

                                  Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A small act of kindness can make a big difference. For when kindness is given, it inspires and enables even more kindness.
You will cross paths today with someone who desperately needs to receive a little kindness. Kindness costs you nothing, and with it you can give so much.

Even when it seems that your kindness is not appreciated, that kindness does indeed make a difference. Even if your kindness is not acknowledged, it is noticed, and over time can soften the hardest hearts.

There is a special joy that comes when you do something just to be kind. Let go of your concern about what's in it for you, and experience how truly good it feels.

Kindness can be so wonderfully refreshing. The world remembers and respects those who offer it on a regular basis.

It's easy to give a little kindness. It's immensely powerful when you do it over and over again.