Friday, September 22, 2006

Yes, I am a Fanboy!

........And on a lighter note, October third is just around the corner. I hear ya' in the back there saying ,"so what". Well, it just so happens that my favorite video game of all time is coming out with the TWELFTH edition of it's wildly popular time-killer. It is......Final Fantasy XII! I have waited for the last two years for this game to arrive, and it is here! My local game store is having a midnight opening for the debut of the game, and yes, I will be there!

 

        I started playing video games about 15 years ago. It was my oldest daughter who got me started on them. We(Santa) had gotten her one of the new Nintendo consoles for Christmas. Sometimes she would get stuck at a certain point, and ask for my help. I did the best I could, but I always explained to her that I grew up with pinball, and I was no good at these kinds of things. I got better. Quickly.

 

       One day, my wife got me something called Final Fantasy. This was what was known as an RPG. Rocket Propelled Grenade? No, Role Playing Game. I had never heard of such a thing, except for the old "Dungeons and Dragons". I quickly learned just where my niche in the video gaming world was!  This was right up my alley. A game where all you had to do was just "explore" the game world. I fell in love instantly. I wasn't any good at the other games...I called them "jerk and twitch" games, 'cause that's basically all that you did.

 

        Now, I know just what you are thinking, "that old cur was just lazy, that's all". Not quite, children, not quite. You see, I became quite proficient at those other games. So much so that "Official Playstation Magazine" bestowed upon me "Expert Gamer Status"....and the plaque to prove it hangs proudly in my living room! I am now the best in my area at racing video games. There are very few people in my town that can beat me at racing. And believe me, there are more than a few that have tried!

 

        I have made a name for myself in our little gaming community as the person to go to for cheat codes to most games. If I don't have it, I can most likely find it. I see October third as the culmination of fifteen years of learning about video games, and I am looking forward to "Opening Night". Oh, in case you didn't catch it, 'Midnight Opening' for game number 12, get it now?

 

                Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: