Friday, September 15, 2006

Press One for English...

  "Press one for English" the automated voice on the telephone tells me. Why? I live in America, the language IS ENGLISH! If you don't speak English, LEARN! And what is up with the tele-marketers who call you and have such a heavy accent(usually Indian), that you can't understand a single word they say!? Couple that with their ability to speak about 1,000 words a minute, and you can have some fun!

 

          What has happened to our country? I'll tell you what happened..."Affirmative Action". That's right. Certain people of color couldn't get jobs because of a lack of talent or skills. So, what did America do? We lowered our standards. But, only for those people of color. During the latter days of the '70's, you were perfect for a job if you were a Black Woman. This was deemed to be the most discriminated against minority in the U.S.

 

            Oh shut up! You know I'm telling the truth! It is a matter of public record! So, America lowered it's standards! Never mind if the person applying for the job couldn't do the job, they GOT THE JOB if they were a "minority". That's just stupid! I was never hired because of 'affirmative action'. Even though I grew up right beside those 'minorities'. I was turned down as much as they were! I had the same education(or lack thereof), as those 'minorities'. I lived in the SAME PLACES as the 'minorities'. Was I treated specially? Fuck no! If anything I was looked down upon even WORSE than the 'minorities' because I was "white".

 

          I am Irish and Indian...American Indian. The FIRST PEOPLE to be here, not those "other Indians"! I am NOT WHITE. I am only HALF white. this was made painfully clear by the children that I attended school with when I was very young. "Half-Breed" was a favorite word at school. Since I was viewed as part red and part white, "Pinkboy" was another favorite. Is it any wonder that I grew up fighting all the time at school? Minorities, indeed!

 

            No one EVER lowered the standards at ANY JOB I was lucky enough to get! "press One" my ass! Learn to speak english, motherfuckers! I don't speak Cherokee!!! In this world, I HAD to speak English, or go hungry!

 

              Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

 

No comments: