Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Parent By Proxy---

        Today, my little grand-daughter started kindergarten. I kept her little brother here at my home, and she went off on this "big adventure".  When she got back here this afternoon, there was plenty to tell me!! Seems she made three new friends just today! She got to play outside on the new playground. And she had breakfast, AND lunch at school!!

               To see the wonder and excitement in her eyes was just the same as when my girls started school. To hear her breathlessly tell me all the things she did today, and to see, and  hear the intensity in her telling of it, I was taken back in time. This is truly something you remember forever.

          When her mother came to pick her up, she told me that this morning, when she left her little girl at school, that little girl stood up, and kissed and hugged her goodbye. She said she felt like she was on top of the world!! She told me it is something you just can't describe.

             I know, I felt the same thing 17 years ago, one August morning, when a little girl started kindergarten at five years old........................

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

I know the feeling.  I had that same feeling when my daughter started kindergarten.  You do feel like you are on top of the world.