Sunday, August 28, 2005

I never Knew---

   I bought this computer in February of 2003. I have now been on-line for all of that time. I could never have known where it would lead to! I have met some really great people, and some not so great people. But, make no mistake, ALL of them have been interesting.

                There are my "Smoke Away" Buddies, just too many of them to name here, really. There is a lady in Michigan who "Holla's" at me every now and then. Then, there is the young man in New York who has the absolute MOST vast collection of video games it has been my privilege to ever lay eyes on!! There is a young man close to New York who requested one of my plaster snakes....he got it just a few days later.

               There is a lady who is sharing the birth of her child, her FIRST, with a small circle of friends. I am so glad to be in that group! I know a lady who, once in a while, might drink a little, and she starts to writing. She always sends her writings to me for preservation. I am glad to do it for her. I have met a man who called himself Mr. Death....He is a real hoot!! The list of people that I know now just goes on and on......

                 I bought this computer, and had never owned one. I spent four years reading everything I could find about computers, I even subscribed to a leading computer magazine! I wanted to be informed before making my decision on a computer. No, I didn't get what I wanted, that would have cost over $4,000!!! But, I did get what I needed. A window onto the world.

              I knew that the internet could literally open the entire world right here in my home. I knew that there were some risks, but I also knew that there were measures to protect myself. So, here I am, nearly three years hence. I plan to stay here, too, as long as I can. Sure, I have made mistakes, I am sure that I shall make more. But, I don't care. If you never make a mistake, then you are not doing anything.

            I am certain that I will meet even more people. I have told you here of only a few. I know a girl in New Jersey who I think of as a little sister. I even call her "my little one". I have met so many people that it is overwhelming at times. I have even met people who tell me how much they love my writing, and are always going on about how I should write a book! Imagine that, a red-neck with a book!! That idea is just so weird that it might work out!!!!!!!!!!!

           OK, so what am I saying after all of this blustering? I really thought that I wouldn't meet anyone on the 'net. I thought yeah, sure, like anyone would want to talk to me! I was wrong....so many people have touched my life here. Did I mention the young fellows over in England who make cheat codes for games that I play?? Guys who are nearly half a world away, and they have the same interests as me?? Too fuckin' much, man!!

            Like I said, ALL of these different persons have been interesting in some way or another. You know, a long time ago, I stated here that EVERYONE HAS A STORY. I still think that. I want to hear them. I would LOVE to hear them. No two people came into being quite the same. I am thankful for that! Could you imagine how BORING it would be if everyone was the same??? There would never be any HUMOR, STEREOTYPES, PEOPLE TO MAKE FUN OF, nothing. The world would be as one. I just don't think I could take that.

 

               Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: